Paint Update

Painting sucks!

There’s no other conclusion.

Yet, I must admit that the one room that I finished up looks good.

And I was able to work in a break and scheduled a massage that kept me working...

...slowly.

The keys to painting are:

Take your time...

...and don’t worry about the rug because we’re going to change it out anyway!

But there’s a lot to it.

Working on the trim, taping the stuff you don’t want painted, patching the holes, chasing the dogs out of the vicinity, yelling at whoever enters the house to not touch anything, and cleaning up.

I was wearing socks, but was surprised to see that my toenail was covered in white paint.

But here’s the rub.

I’m insane.

If there’s work to do...

...and I’ve started it...

...I need to finish.

I have the schedule worked out in my mind.

The massage therapist is on speed dial, and we are looking into changing up what we had hanging on the walls.

“This will be the last time,” I thought as I mixed up the paint. “The next person who paints this place will have bought the place from us.”

At least I hope so.

Cause painting sucks.

As an aside there were three holes that needed to be patched.

Jake made a dent when he threw something when the Bills lost a game...

...Jake & Sam made another hole when they were wrestling.

And of course, there was the doorknob sized hole before we got the doorstop.

As I patched them I thought of them at the ages they were when they made the holes.

The next kids who make holes in these walls will be someone else’s kids...

...at least I hope so!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie