Blackout Drunk

There’s been a whole lot of talk about being young and dumb, and having the past evaluated.

I went to high school and college in the 1980’s.

I liked beer. I don’t like beer anymore, but I had one a couple of months ago, and it was ice cold. Not gonna’ lie...

...it was good.

Yet, there are old college days that I cringe thinking about, but I had a great group of friends and we had a good time. We didn’t do things that were abusive or criminal.

We drank beer, listened to music, shot pool, played sports, and ate like pigs. Once in awhile we were overserved, but to a man, we were good to the girls we hung out with.

The fact of the matter was we hung around a tight group of girls as well, and if we hadn’t been respectful we would have been policed from within.

Reading Kavanaugh’s yearbook entries all I could think was that he was immature. Horribly immature, and without a whole lot of guidance.

We all knew what ‘ Ralphing’ was. You drink a lot, you throw up. I don’t know one person, in real life, who would write that in their yearbook under their photo.

And bragging about doing things to girls...

...even when it didn’t sound as if it were true..

...and writing that under your name???

Are you 18 or 8?

Like I said, we drank beer and did stupid things. Perhaps if the media was delving into things we’d look just as stupid, but my parents would’ve skinned me alive had I written such a juvenile description of my life and put it into the yearbook.

So, that’s where I have the biggest problem with Kavanaugh’s nomination...

...he seems like a real downer of a human.

I see he had daughters and a wife, and it’s hard to judge someone off on how they behaved 36 years ago, but when he was asked (a legitimate question given the matter  at hand) about being black out drunk he responded with:

“Have you?”

Watch that exchange if you get a chance.

It kind of told you everything you’d need to know about the 54 year old man who was once that creepy 17 year old kid.

No one is perfect.

Especially adolescents with beer and freedom, but being a disrespectful human kind of spans the decades.

One of my good buddies said:

“It was 36 years ago! Anyone can make up an allegation!”

True enough, but I didn’t argue the point.

“Not even that,” I said. “I just don’t like the guy. He seems creepy to me.”

And I’ve only ever seen him speak as a sober man.

He must be a real treat when he’s loaded to the gills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie