I’ll Cry If I Want To

I always get a tad squirrelly around my birthday.

Nothing much, but I’m a very reflective person anyway. I examine everything I do and try to figure out why I’m thinking like I do as opposed to how I thought in the past.

I’m fifty-four years old today.

And that’s just weird.

My body feels that way, but in my mind, I’m kinda’ stuck around 25 or so.

I know, I know...

...I don’t quite look 25.

But that’s the tricky thing about time...

...and your mind.

You used to do things!

Think you still can!!

You can’t.

I can’t even begin to count the number of time I fall asleep and my book hits the floor.

I can now fall asleep on planes, and while watching a show.

“You were snoring over there,” someone will mention.

“I wasn’t sleeping!”

But I was.

Yet, I’m stubborn too.

I won’t let one of the younger guys outwork me. I still tell the kids that I can beat them in every sport.

I can’t.

Ah well, it’s my birthday...

I can cry if I want to.

I wish I could get a nap today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie