Knocked Out!

On Wednesday morning my eyes opened and my mind sent a message:

“Today is gonna’ be rough for you, Clifford. The Yankees were eliminated last night. Do you remember that? The winning runs were on a Nunez made a good play.”

“Shut up,” I growled.

I grabbed the phone.

I had 3 texts, 8 Facebook Message and a messenger notification.

None of them were sympathetic...

...which is not surprising. I can be a tad annoying when I remind people which team is the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized American Sports.

Every year, if the Yankees go down...

...I get lambasted.

Yet, here’s the thing. The loss didn’t hurt me.

They were good enough to win it. I’d rather that they didn’t lose to the Suck Sux, but there’s no shame.

They didn’t play well for three of four games. They could’ve won Game 1 and Game 4. They didn’t because they didn’t get the big hit, and every bloop and bleeder fell in for Boston.

J.D. Martinez, the $120-million free agent signee hit a 35 bouncer that was in the perfect spot. Steve Pearce, another free agent signee hit two bloops that found grass.

Happens.

“That’s baseball, Suzyn.”

Didi hit about 5 ropes that landed six inches foul. Sanchez’ ball in the 9th would’ve cleared the green monster, but they were playing in NY.

Them’s The breaks.

The other thing that I know is that the Yankees won 100. A lot of their prime time guys are really young. They will be really, really good for a long time, and the majority of this group will celebrate a World Series championship soon.

I can wait.

Yet, I’m going to miss watching baseball. I’ll check in on the three remaining series, but no way I stay up until after midnight to watch a game.

Who do I want to win?

I hate 3 out of 4 of the teams left.

The Sux and the Dodgers payroll numbers are sky-high.

No one mentions it!

One guy actually said: “Guess the Yankees didn’t buy the right players...despite the fact that Boston’s payroll was $75 million higher and that Yankees entire team was either brought through the farm or traded for.

I can’t root for either Boston or Los Angeles.

The Astros don’t have a likeable player on the team.

So, I’m on the Brew Crew for the next few weeks.

Bob Uecker is reason enough to love them. If only they didn’t have Ryan Fraud.

Go Brewers!!

I’m fine.

Wake me up when Bryce Harper signs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie