Family Meeting

There are just four of us here. We are all set in our ways a bit, and just one out of four of us is organized.

He’s the guy who called the meeting to order.

“We all have to get on the same page here,” I said. “The house needs to be cleaned up a bit.”

My call for a meeting went over like a lead balloon.

I knew what I needed:

Incentives!

How does one motivate people????

As we were talking about the meeting we let Sam in on some of the work that was coming his way. An hour later, he was actually doing some of it!

The work that needs to be done comes from five (now four) people living in a space without actually updating things that break.

“We can’t wait until the entire thing caves in on our heads,” I said.

And it drives me crazy because I am limited in my capabilities. I didn’t follow my Dad around when I was a kid.

I ain’t exactly handy!

Plus, we’ve all been hobbled. We might know what to do, but our stamina is limited.

“I have one rule for the meeting,” I said. “No arguing or yelling. It’s a team effort!”

I was being positive.

We had a playful shouting match at the pre-meeting.

Yet, there are incentives.

We want to set up a second little living room spot for the boys.

Ideas were flying around.

A few hours later as we watched 48 Hours I asked this question of my beautiful wife:

“Are you excited for the meeting?”

“Not even a little.”

And here’s me:

Working on the agenda.

I’ll keep you posted.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie