National League!!!

I watch American League Baseball.

I don’t ever need to see a pitcher try to hit.

I’m not all that enamored with a sacrifice bunt, or the very tricky double switch.

Pitchers are way better in the NL...cause they get to strike out the pitcher and the Punch & Judy SS.

But, you know, of course, I’m rooting for either the Dodgers or the Brewers because they will be playing Boston.

Boston is the Evil Empire.

$240 million payroll, and all of their pitchers are slathered up in grease and rosin and anything else they can scuff up the ball with.

And Kimbrel?

That’s a closer?

If Mariano Rivera cane out of retirement he would have to give up a run in 54 straight innings to get his ERA to match Kimbrel’s.

And what the hell is he doing out there before throwing a pitch? Does he think he’s a bird? Maybe he is with that ratty looking beard.

Now, this may sound like sour grapes because the Yankees lost...

...it is!!!

I spent the entire year thinking that they weren’t that good. They cleaned up against bad teams.

They also signed a whole bunch of free agents...doesn’t look like it because they cut most of them, but hundreds of millions on:

Sandoval, Price, Crawford, A-Gon, JD Martinez, Kimbrel.

They picked up Kinsler, Nunez, Eovaldi.

In other words, they did all the things they whined about the Yankees doing!

“Yankees are golfing! Sox are going to the series!!”

I received that message at 6 a.m. on Friday.

“Red Sox took 85 years off...and you’re busting my chops? Let’s pretend Boston wins...that makes it 27 to 9. One-third of the way there!”

“Why do I bother?” He asked.

“That’s what I was thinking!”

So, there we are.

Go National League!!!

(And I hate the Dodgers!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie