Purgatory

I’m thinking that this isn’t what purgatory must be like...

...actually, it’s a tad like hell, to be honest.

I am a creature of habit.

I’m also unbelievably driven and I work my entire life with a long to-do list of things every day.

If I don’t finish the self-imposed list...

...I get stressed.

The painting project is killing me.

It’s forced me to go to bed with things still left to do...

...and I can’t change it.

“It’s just a couple of weeks,” my beautiful wife said. “Try and relax.”

We both laughed.

Over the last couple of days it hasn’t been too bad because I’ve had progress meetings with myself.

“A little at a time,” I chided myself (Hi Kim!).

Yet, on Monday I was on a long drive for work and I couldn’t stop thinking of my schedule.

“Stop!”

Purgatory!!

I finally put on E-Street radio and Bruce offered a chance to relax.

On Tuesday, Kathy was off.

I hit her with a list of a couple of things she could do with the little home project.

Got home and checked.

She didn’t do any of it.

“Oh, I forgot.”

I just looked at her.

“We aren’t all insane,” she said.

Oh, that’s right.

It’s just me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie