Super Thoughts

First off, I went zero for everything on my squares so everything else is just a distraction. Super Bowls should be solely judged on if you win some cash or not.

Congrats to the Eagles.

When New England held them to a field goal late in the game it looked as if that would be the big defensive stop, but their D made a play.

Who didn’t think Brady was going to drive down the field and win it in the last minute, and why wouldn’t you? He was excellent again. He threw for 505 yards!

Here in Buffalo that would take our QB about a month and a half.

Of course I took some heat as I have spent time bragging on Brady and Hoodie. Whatever. My good feelings about them is overshadowed by my utter disdain for some parts of football.

At one point New England’s receiver, Cooks, was absolutely destroyed by a helmet-to-helmet hit that he didn’t see coming.

The announcers said that it was a legal hit because he was a runner instead of a receiver.

These men are dying in front of us! I hope Cooks is all right, but how much more information do they need to take hits like that out of the game. He was laying on the turf, motionless, and the announcer is saying, ‘Good hit!’

SMH.

Justin Timberlake was all right. I always sound old when I complain, but at one point, I asked if he was singing in English.

I couldn’t understand a word.

Of course, I also said I could dance like him, so...

The commercials?

I love Danny DeVito so that one was good, So was the Eli Manning one, and while it’s often inspiring to hear MLK’s speech, it’s a little odd hearing him tell me to buy a Dodge Ram.

Oh, and the Prince tribute was nice, but out of all his songs they played, “I would die for you?”

Back to the game.

About 6 weeks ago, Buffalo was playing New England. A call went against Buffalo because the receiver did not have full control before his feet came down in the end zone.

The league explained, after the outrage, that the correct call was made as that’s the rule.

Same thing happened on a Eagles TD.

Yep, they called it differently.

They gotta’ figure out what is and isn’t a catch.

Refs didn’t look all that interested in calling anything either way.

The no-defense at all seemed odd to me too. In a troubled year it seemed as if they were hell-bent on a wild Super Bowl.

Congrats to Philly.

Stealing horses, eating manure, setting fires...

...the parade oughta’ be a dandy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie