One Week to Go!

We booked our flights a few weeks ago.

Last week we finally decided on a hotel room.

Our tickets remain in a safe location, and Bruce is back after a short break.

The Fazzolari’s are on their way to Broadway.

Here’s the thing, I’ve never attended a Broadway show. To think that our Broadway debut is a Springsteen show isn’t much of a stretch.

It will be my 33rd Bruce Show, but we haven’t been in the same building for 2 years now...

...that’s too long of a stretch.

So, pretty fired up!

The other thing that has me going to is that we get to hang in New York for a couple of nights. I’ve been daydreaming about an Italian restaurant.

Years ago, after seeing Bruce with my college roommate in Long Island, Rosie said:

“No matter how many times I see Springsteen there’s always a moment in every show when a lyric or a song hits me. I learn something every time.”

I have found that to be true.

Two years ago, I was hit by a single line in ‘Independence Day’, a song I’d heard hundreds of time.

The song narrator, talking to his father, in almost an apology, says:

“I never meant to take those things away.”

It’s about a son feeling grateful for the love of a father, while also feeling guilty about costing his Father Time.

When we become adults the clock starts ticking as we consider our own mortality, and we live our lives, raise our families, and try to do something good.

Bruce repeated the line:

“Try to do something good.”

And those moments at that Buffalo show in February, 2016 echoed in my mind...

...”but your eyes grow blind and your blood runs cold and sometimes I feel so weak I just want to explode.”

I’m ready!

Kathy is ready too.

We KNOW Bruce is ready!

Only about 180 hours away.

Bruuuuuuucccccceee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie