Super Bowl Prediction

Ray Lewis and Peyton Manning retired after winning Super Bowls.

Seemed kind of fishy to me.

There are games that end on bad calls, weird plays and rules I’ve never heard before.

Games usually are finished off within a point or so of the Las Vegas line set before the game. Billions are bet on the sport and when that much money changes hands.

My kids laugh every time I say:

“It’s fixed.”

(I say that every time a call goes against the team I’m rooting for).

Regardless, I’ve had to laugh this week as people who passionately HATE the Patriots have made claims that the refs are in their pockets.

“So, the Patriots are cheating and the refs know about it and help them, the league is aware of it and don’t care and all the players who played for them and then left to play for another team are sworn to secrecy.”

“They get all the breaks!”

“So it’s fixed?”

“I don’t think it’s fixed!!”

So, what are you saying?

Either you think it’s fake or you don’t.

Here are the facts:

Brady and Hoodie are great.

The team doesn’t make a lot of the stupid mistakes.

The team that plays them gets spooked and does things they don’t normally do.

The Patriots don’t quit.

That’s the truth.

Have they benefitted from bad calls?

Sure. Every team does. Every team gets screwed too. It’s because the game is too fast to be properly officiated and some of the rules are ridiculous.

What’s a catch? What’s a fumble?

Who cares, right? I just wanna’ win a square!

And I want the Patriots to win again (sorry Gag). I’ve explained it before. I like their ‘Do Your Job,’ approach and I like rooting for Brady cause everyone hates him.

New England 24 Philadelphia 20

(Point spread is right about there).

It ends on a Brady drive from about 85 yards out with a minute left. He goes 8 for 9 on the drive and hits Gronk for the win, after a controversial pass interference call goes their way.

And people cry about the damn cheating refs.

Enjoy the game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie