State of Mind

Sam has been down and out with the flu, and it’s a little scarier this year because people have been really suffering, and in most dramatic of cases, dying.

I also swung by a job where I ran into 4 people at once. They’d all been suffering through the illness.

I let them in on the fact that I never get sick. My theory is all the hot stuff I eat.

Woke up early on Sunday, felt a little congested.

“Uh-oh,” Kathy said. “That’s the start.”

“I don’t get sick,” I said. “It’s a state of mind.”

She laughed.

“You have body aches?”

I laughed.

“My body has ached for 6 years now.”

But it felt different. And even though I rolled the meatballs, I was suddenly really tired.

“Your State of mind is making you look like crap,” she said.

I let Melky in on the plan for the day:

“We’re gonna’ sleep.”

And state of mind doesn’t get you through it all the time, but days off are impossible too as contractors set their safety days out months in advance.

“I don’t feel good,” doesn’t work.

Suck it up.

Rest when you can.

Plenty of fluids.

I ain’t sick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie