February Sucks

The other morning I stood outside the car I’d just cleaned off. I was waiting for it to warm up as the dogs sniffed the grass in the side lawn.

It was crisp.

That’s what I thought.

The sun was up, the snow was glistening and for a brief moment I thought:

“It’s beautiful.”

Then I got cold.

“Get in the car!” I instructed the dogs.

By the end of the day, ‘beautiful’ wasnt the operative word. My feet were cold. I was tired of all the clothes.

There was news of the Olympics starting. The vice-president not clapping for the Notth Koreans entering the hall.

Strange that not taking a political stand at a sporting event doesn’t matter now.

Whatever.

I don’t watch much of the olympics...

...never have.

Can’t get into it.

I just feel cold when I’m watching people ski down a hill. God didn’t intend for us to put things on our feet and go as fast as we can down a hill.

I have a very scary skiing history.

As much of an elite athlete as I once was...

...I wasn’t good at it.

“I’m snowmobiling,” my brother texted me, when I tried to reach him on Friday evening.

There’s a guy who thinks winter is beautiful.

“What are we watching?” Kathy asked.

Our chargers were set up, our blankets were in place, the dogs snoring beside us.

“Not Law & Order,” I said.

I hate February.

It’s only beautiful for about 3 seconds out of the entire month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie