What Not

Not sure what the hell is going on, but I've heard a lot of people using:

"What Not"

As an expression of speech.

Some of us use different words, from time-to-time as a way to express ourselves, but over the last week or so I've heard "What Not" being used a bunch of times.

My beautiful wife said it a couple of times as she relayed a work story.

"Why are you saying 'What Not'?" I asked.

"I don't know," she answered...and then she went back into the story.

It got me thinking...

...what does "what not" mean in the context of a sentence?

And then I heard to on the radio. I paid attention to what the woman was saying. She was a caller into a program.

"What are you up to?" the host asked.

"I've been watching television, reading a little and 'what not'," the woman said.

In that context it sort of means, etc...

Right?

But you know what is sad?

I don't miss hearing it anymore!

Do me a favor.

Stop saying "what not!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty