I Actually Miss Christmas Shopping

It's a little hard to get into the spirit of things when you actually have nothing at all to do with the season!

It used to be that I would buy some presents for my parents, my siblings and, of course, my beautiful wife.

Early on in the marriage, Kathy took care of all the other gifts and I was just on the hook for finding something for Mom and Dad, maybe and her.

Then Mom and Dad fell out of my grasp as Kathy always knew what she wanted to get them.

Then I tried buying her clothes one year...

...and I was prohibited from buying her clothes.

So, I would get her one gift.

Then she decided that she didn't need anything that she couldn't buy for herself.

Last year, Sam laughed as I stood with a box on my lap on Christmas morning and handed her a few lottery tickets, and then started tossing twenty dollar bills.

What do you buy someone who wears scrubs to work and sweatpants after that?

Jewelry?

Tickets to the ballet?

"I don't want anything," Kathy announced early on this year. "We're going to Vegas in January. We'll go to dinner and I'll grab a massage there."

So.

Here I sit.

Maybe I'll grab a bag of bones for the dogs and we can celebrate.

But that's the way it goes.

There isn't anything I really need for Christmas either.

Maybe some pork for the sauce that I'm making for Christmas Day.

What else is there?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie