I Love Stuff Like This


Back in 1980 Bruce was doing a publicity shoot for The River record. He was a star by then, but not a mega-star yet. He was just strolling with his photographer, finding spots, and taking shots.

In this one, a young girl strolled into the line of fire, on her bike. They didn't chase the girl away. In fact, they liked it, and used it for the promotion of the album. 

As the years went by, a lot of Bruce fans began speculating about who the girl was at the phone booth. 

No one knew.


Eventually they tracked her down and last week she met up with the Boss at one of his book events.

They both look a tad older.

That's what 37 years will do!

Yet I kept flipping between the two photos.

She was just a young girl!

Now a more than middle-aged woman!

I'm sure that the time went by like a blink for both.

Of course, Bruce was more than gracious. He always seems to be. The woman said that she had no idea that anything was going on when she pulled her bike up to the phone booth. She wasn't even sure who Bruce was at the time.

A couple of years back I met a friend at a coffee shop.

He was flipping back and forth between two photos on his phone.

He showed the first photo to me and it was of a bright, beautiful young woman.

He prompted me to swipe to the next photo.

I did and was greeted by a husky, middle-aged woman in glasses.

"Those are both photos of my wife!" He said. "30 years apart! That's the same woman!!!"

I laughed.

"Did you ever perform that little trick in front of her?" I asked.

"No," he said. "Because I look worse than she does now."

Bruce and Annmarie still both look good.

Life is a funny old thing, isn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty