Can't Find the Snow Brush

The dream is over...

...the dream that maybe this year the cold weather wouldn't arrive.

I'm looking forward to the people who now post:

"See! There's no global warming!!"

But...

...I wish there was sometimes.

It's much worse these days.

I absolutely dread the cold.

The extra clothes, the brushing off the car, the waiting for the windows to defrost, poor Melky shivering as she goes for her daily ride.

Hate, hate, hate.

On Sunday morning, after breakfast out for a change, we stopped at a convenient store. It was about 10 a.m. and I was wearing the heavy coat.

"Going to the game?" The clerk asked me.

Bills versus Steelers just around the block.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked. "Sit outside in this?"

You couldn't pay me enough money.

But the idea of lasagna struck me as I headed back to the car.

A blanket on the couch. The game on television. Lasagna. Dogs. Nap.

A little while later I watched as the boys got ready for the game.

"Let's Go!" Sam was cheering.

"You think you'll still be going to Bills games, in the snow, about 35 years from now?" I asked him.

"Of course!" He yelled.

Somehow I doubt it.

The cold has a way of breaking you down.

Not to mention the long playoff drought.

I found the snow brush, by the way.

Yipeeeeee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie