To the Moon!

John Glenn had a good run.

95 years and off into orbit.

I was only 4 years old when we finally landed on the moon.

You know what's amazing?

I remember it!

Well, to be fair, I don't remember much, and I should've been more interested in space travel, but I just wasn't.

I never got into it...seemed crazy to me.

Yet I do remember the moon landing in a bit of an image that flashes across my mind.

We were getting yelled at:

"Watch this!" Mom cried out. "They're making history!"

"You can't see anything!" I said. "It's all blurry."

And that is exactly what I remember about it, but I know it's real. I know that the television was set up in the room just off the kitchen in the big house on the hill.

I remember being placed right in front of the television.

Blah!

Yet I've listened to John Glenn and Buzz Aldrin talk about their travels.

They had remarkable lives.

Amazing, actually.

I know for sure I wouldn't have the guts to do anything remotely like that. I don't even like the one hour flights!

Did they have extra space seats?

Oh!

One other thing I remember about 1969...

...TANG!

"The astronauts drink this," Mom said.

It was all right.

RIP John Glenn...

...have a safe trip!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie