Tragic

Yesterday a story hit the news about a former NFL player Joe McKnight who, at the age of 28, was shot to death in a road rage incident in New Orleans.

What a horrible way to die.

The details are a little sketchy but some of the witnesses were saying that McKnight was actually apologizing when he was gunned down.

And this is a story that's going to explode, I fear.

McKnight was a black man. The man who shot him is white. The witnesses also said that he may have said:

"I told you not to mess with me."

Thankfully I've never been tempted to stop my car and confront another driver. Like anyone else, I've been aggravated behind the wheel, but it never actually dawned on me to get out and fight.

Especially in this day and age.

When everyone, supposedly, has a gun.

But here's the rub:

The guy was questioned and released.

Didn't even spend a night in jail.

They may eventually bring charges, but it's strange to me that you can fire 7 shots into another person and be home in time for dinner.

I heard it speculated that it might be another "stand your ground" case, but all are saying that McKnight was not armed.

What a shame.

What will make it worse is that people will soon be lining up behind the issue one way or another.

I thought about the fact that had McKnight not played ball...

...we would've never heard about it.

This kind of thing happens every day.

We have learned to live with it.

Sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty