Just the Moment In Front of You

I certainly could've and probably should've taken a couple of days off during the Christmas rush.

But I didn't.

"You know me," I said to my beautiful wife. "The troubles start when I think I haven't done enough."

So, I shortened a few days to regular days, but I also cleaned a couple of rooms that needed it...

...and 2016 continued to remind me why I don't like to waste moments.

Carrie Fisher was only 60.

These celebrity deaths seem to remind us:

The Big D comes for all of us.

Prince, Ali, Bowie, Michael, Henderson, Thicke...

...and many more..

Met the Big D this year.

All pretty young too.

All icons in the 80's.

And it pains us to be reminded that all we are actually promised is the moment we're in.

I do a pretty good job of reaching out to old friends.

I make absolutely certain that if my family needs me I try and listen...

...and I'm really a little too intense about making the day count, in one way or another.

Try and make someone smile....

...do something that leaves a mark.

Write a perfect sentence, read a good book.

Something.

Last year my resolution was to use my days off.

I didn't actually do that...

...but I didn't mail many days in either!

We all have an expiration date attached...

...losing all the 80's icons brought it home again.

Damn!

Even the princess!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty