I'm So Sorry

Ryan Lochte issued an apology for his missteps in Brazil. He issued it on Instagram and put it all out there for all who want to read it.

Are we all good now?

The suspended football players always put out a polished report that says something along the lines of:

"I didn't really do it, but I'm sorry."

I don't think that anyone is sorry in those situations, but the apology has to be sent out...

...it's the first step in forgiveness, right?

It's funny but a lot of people struggle to say that they're sorry. I guess that they don't care much for being in the spotlight for doing something dumb and there's pain associated with having to admit that you've totally messed up.

But the polished apology is really kind of insulting right:

The Marcell Dareus apology for being suspended by the NFL for substance abuse was a real reach.

He spoke of how sad he was about letting his teammates down.

He mentioned that it's really all about winning and that he made a mistake that wasn't reflective of his character.

Every single word was put in the exact right order. All of the common buzz words associated with a public relations firm make an appearance.

That certainly takes away from it, right?

Shouldn't the guy who messes up stand right there and take the heat?

Donald said on Thursday night that he has regrets.

No apology, but admitting regrets has to count for something!

I don't have much of a problem saying 'I'm sorry.'

Like the rest of you I've done things that were dumb enough to grovel a little bit. Saying your sorry and really being sorry are two different things, of course, but I have enough Catholic guilt to make me feel bad about so many things...

...things that I didn't even do!

I distinctly recall my first confession in the Catholic Church. I was about 8 years old.

"This is my first confession," I said. "I stole."

The priest was caught off-guard.

"What did you steal?" He asked.

"Salami from the 'fridge," I said.

There was a long pause. I'm wondering if the priest is going to throw me the hell out of the whole religion. He's probably trying to stifle a laugh.

"Are you sorry for what you did?" He finally asked.

"Yes, Father," I replied.

"Did you atone for what you did?"

"I'm not sure," I said.

"Did you return what you stole?" Father asked.

"No. I ate it," I said.

I didn't hear him laugh, but he must have.

I wasn't really sorry.

I should've had someone do a press release for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie