A Beautiful Day

I left for Kansas City on Sunday night and the flights out were perfect. The seat beside me was empty on each flight. I rented a car...and was in the hotel right at the time I thought I might.

On Monday I heard about Delta having problems. I don't hardly look at my airline tickets so it hardly registered with me that I might still have problems on the return trip on Tuesday evening.

But boy...

...I had problems!

I received a note at about noon on Tuesday. My 2nd flight would be an hour late.

Right about when Donald Trump was insinuating that his opponent be murdered, I received another message.

The delay was now 3 hours. We wouldn't be leaving until 1:15 a.m.

Okay.

I spent my time in the airport in Detroit, listening to the news recap.

The Trump backers were saying "He was joking, or that's not what he meant to say."

Well, either way, in a land where mass shootings are nearly monthly events, the words spoken can result in tremendous pain.

Ask Gabby Giffords.

But back to me.

At 1 a.m., the nice lady behind the counter apologized. Her saying that she was sorry just meant so much to me that I hardly cared that she was saying that we were going to be leaving at 3:46 a.m.

The lady was so thoughtful that she gave me a blanket that covered 1/4 of my body and excitedly told me that I could sleep on any section of the hard floor that I wanted to.

I actually tried.

But there was a guy driving a floor cleaner around. There were about 20 Asian people talking excitedly about who knows what because I don't understand Chinese. But they must have been happy because they were talking nice and loud.

Good for them.

I read a lot more about Trump and the 2nd amendment.

I considered that his implication had to be the last stupid statement that his party would allow him to defend with the word twist that he so favors.

But the sun brought a bunch of surprises.

Surprise!

I made it home!!

Surprise!

At nearly 52 years old it is extremely difficult to stay up for 28 straight hours.

Surprise!

They're saying that Trump will be able to continue his campaign.

The millions of people who keep hearing hate in his message are just haters.

So there you have it.

A beautiful day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie