That's Where Mojo Jo-Jo Lives!

I'm about to really embarrass my boys.

Do you remember the comedy network show The Powerpuff Girls?

Well.

My boys used to like watching that show.

I'm talking Matt and Jake here...Sam wasn't old enough to get involved.

Jake liked Bubbles.

In fact, we'd have to tape the show if we weren't home because we couldn't miss any new episodes and this was back before the DVR.

(To be fair, Jake was only about two years old - but the story tells better if I say he was about ten).

Why am I bringing it up anyway?

Well, there's a water tank in the Town of Hamburg.

I passed by it the other day as my mind was wandering.

That water tank caused a classic meltdown because I pointed at it, back all those years ago, and said:

"Hey, boys, that's where Mojo Jo-Jo lives."

Mojo was the bad guy in the Powerpuff Girls. He was an evil monkey type who made the girls lives miserable. He was also a little scary to a two-year-old, evidently, because Jake screamed bloody murder and it took us awhile to calm him down.

I believe my beautiful wife referred to me as an idiot.

When I passed the tower the other day I thought of that loud car ride with screaming, upset little boys.

They're now (or will be in a matter of a few weeks) 22, 18 and 15.

How in the hell did that happen?

A little while later I passed a house for sale in our neighborhood and a real sadness passed over me.

I'm not looking for a house.

I'm no longer looking to set up my life to be lived.

In fact, a lot of it has been lived.

We had the screaming kids, the brand new house, the college costs, teething, breast-feeding (not me), and the like.

It's all back there.

The boys will be crossing a lot of those bridges in the next 10-15 years...

...but the thought of Mojo Jo-Jo in the tower was more frightening to me this time!

What the hell am I going to be doing?

Watching Law & Order and waiting on grand-kids?

"Time goes by in a blink of an eye," Dad once told me.

I'm sure a whole lot of men have felt the same way all the way back through history.

Even Mojo Jo-Jo is long gone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie