Mayrunner


We only have ourselves to blame.

Folks bought into the hype and Floyd the Runner got paid.

The thing about it is he is boxing, I suppose.

He ran from corner to corner. He threw a jab that made it impossible to get inside. He 'won' the fight because evidently the little love taps he sends out are considered 'blows', but the only people anyone has ever saw him hit hard are the women he blindsided.

Yeah.

Little annoyed.

The problem being is that its been a long time since there was a fight to like.

When I was a kid some of the great bonding moments came as my siblings, father and I watched a good fight.

Like Ali-Frazier (we always went for Frazier).

Like Hagler-Hearns

or Norton-Ali

or Foreman and anyone.

Hell, even through the Tyson years.

So...my brother John and I decided we'd get the fight..at my house.

We were united in the idea that we wanted Floyd to taste the ring apron.

And

Dance.

Hug.

Run.

The fight never actually happened.

Manny stalked but couldn't get near.

Floyd got booed by everyone there because the world knows that he's a little woman-beating douche.

And the 'fight' sucked.

I guess he won.

The ring announcers started telling people in round one why Manny couldn't win.

The fans (who paid up to $100,000) to be there booed.

And I felt dirty after the verdict was announced.

Knowing that we'd all been taken.

Mayrunner acted like a tough guy.

I'm sure he'll declare himself the greatest boxer of all-time.

If what I watched makes him great...

...then boxing has really slipped.

I watched Ali beat Norton and then get in an ambulance with a broken jaw.

I watched Foreman pound Frazier.

Hell, even Tyson at least bit off an ear to make it interesting.

Does Floyd look tough in that photo above?

Looks scared to me.

Such crap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie