Happy Anniversary to My Beautiful Wife

As you may have guessed there were six Springsteen songs in a row to start off our wedding reception.

I chose five of them.

I distinctly recall the Real World was song number two and Book of Dreams was also in the top five.

(Thunder Road was as well).

But I didn't actually choose the song that we would use for our first dance!

(And let me tell you...I'm a helluva' dancer).

Kathy picked the song.

And that's when I knew that marrying her was a terrific idea.

Think about it:

She came to me with a Springsteen song that she thought we should use for the first dance!

And the more you live within the confines of a marriage the more you realize the beauty of this song. Bruce nailed what it should be like in any long, happy marriage.

Happy Anniversary to My Beautiful Wife!

If I Should Fall Behind - Bruce Springsteen from Lucky Town

We said we'd walk together, baby, come what may
That come the twilight should we lose our way

If as we're walking a hand should slip free
I'll wait for you

And should I fall behind
Wait for me

We swore we'd travel darlin' side by side
We'd help each other stay in stride

But each lover's steps fall so differently
But I'll wait for you

And if I should fall behind
Wait for me

Now everyone dreams of a love lasting and true
But you and I know what this world can do

So let's make our steps clear that the other may see

And I'll wait for you
If I should fall behind
Wait for me

Now there's a beautiful river in the valley ahead
There 'neath the oak's bough soon we will be wed

Should we lose each other in the shadow of the evening trees
I'll wait for you

And should I fall behind
Wait for me

Darlin' I'll wait for you
Should I fall behind

Wait for me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie