D.B. of the Week - Tom Brady

Surprised?

I hate this entire story.

I think it has been handled poorly by everyone.

From Goodell to Robert Kraft to the guy who wrote the report to the fans who are rooting for blood and for the fans who are fighting for the honor of folks who may not deserve honor...

...to the quarterback...Tom Brady.

Brady has earned D.B. of the Week Honors!

And I'm not truly convinced that he was cheating.

Here's what I think...for what it's worth.

Brady liked the footballs soft.

As soft as possible.

I believe that somewhere along the way his preferences were made known to the guys who worked with the football.

I'm not quite sure that he knew exactly how much air was in the ball or not in the ball.

I don't believe that he liked it set, for instance, two degrees above or below.

Like Rodgers liked them highly inflated...Brady liked them softly inflated. Perhaps he didn't believe that the NFL would turn it into Watergate, but he should've known better. Goodell can't arrange a one-car funeral.

(The fact that the team gets to pick the degree to which the ball is inflated is just plain stupid).

Regardless...

If I'm not absolutely convinced it was flat-out cheating why am I giving Brady the award?

Because he's not being 100% truthful.

He knows more about what went down.

He's letting everyone swing in the wind and take up for him.

He let the ball boys take a fall.

His owner is out there saying what a great guy he is.

His agent is making loud statements...

...but Tom is basically silent.

Which...sad to say...is what all the great deceivers (and there have been hundreds of them from Douche Armstrong to Stupid A-Rod) have done.

Deny...deny...deny...deny...

...until they come clean.

Even if it is as I've said...

Tom suggesting they make the football as soft as they could because he was certain that all QB's had such a luxury.

Or

He flat-out directed it to happen...

He knows something.

And he's gonna' let others take the shots.

Again.

I hate the story.

I think the NFL should do something to someday take some accountability for one dumb rule after another (We still don't know what a fumble is) - but the lack of accountability is stunning.

I plan on never talking about it again, but I'm sure I won't have a choice.

The NFL just keeps churning out the crap.

And in a case that could've been put to bed in about three minutes...

The D.B. of the Week kept it going.

Congrats Tom Brady - Super Bowl MVP and D.B. of the Week - all in one year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie