D.B.'s of the Week - Boxing Idiots

As I've said...

...I felt a bit like an idiot for buying into the Mayrunner-Manny fight.

I feel even worse now because it appears that we were all duped.

Manny needs shoulder surgery.

He knew that he was hurt well in advance of the fight. He also knew that there was no way that he was going to be able to knock out Mayrunner and not just because he couldn't catch him.

He was hurt.

The fight should have been postponed.

Yet it wasn't.

Because of the money.

We all know that boxing is a dirty sport.

There have been movies made about fighters who have taken a dive to make money for whoever was betting against them.

Don King was such a hated character that even the boxers he made rich...felt like they needed a bath after working with him.

It was a completely false event.

Boxing folks earned the D.B's of the Week Award.

Manny was hurt.

He didn't back out of the fight because his paycheck was heavy.

He says that he reported the injury.

The Nevada Boxing Commission didn't postpone it.

Mayrunner had to know.

He refused to refuse the money.

So...

...it was basically a show.

As I wrote here the other day, it was a lousy show.

The fight was boring, uninspired and void of thrills.

It didn't appear that either man broke a sweat (but Mayrunner must have because he had to run at least 10 miles).

Yet here we are.

There's a class action suit already started.

Mayrunner says that Manny can have a rematch.

(I bet the price goes up on the pay-per-view)....

...but the viewership will go down by at least one.

I ain't that dumb.

D.B's can really only fool me once.

(I hope).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie