A Winning Attitude

Our downstairs shower, which I'm still aggravated about having to use on a routine basis, calls for a step into the tub and a quick duck of the head for entrance.

I didn't get all of the steps down yesterday morning at about 5:30 and clunked my melon. Not a major injury, mind you, but an irritating moment for sure.

It was one of the better things to happen all day long.

You see, once you begin your day by conking your coconut, the mood sort of sours. I had begun my day, not with a prayer of hope, but a muttering of curse words. Lousy bastard.

The next stop was the gas station...the home of the sixty dollar fill up. Sonuvabitch.

Listened to the sports...the Yanks were off on Monday but the Red Sux won. Bitch!

Thought about the leg...it's doing much better, thank you very much, and the limp is almost gone. Golf perhaps? Checked in with the Grape Apes. They're game. Set a tee time for Sunday.

"It's supposed to rain," one of the Apes informed.

*&$K!!!

And the day went on. An eternal battle in my mind as I tried all day to move forward while every single ring of the phone, text message, email and passing driver, sent a message that bashing my head off the shower door had sealed my fate for the day.

All of the best self-help books tell you the same thing...it's all about having the right attitude. See the world through eyes of happiness and you will be happy. The eyes are the light of your soul, right?

As I drove down the thruway there was a slight commotion in the truck ahead of me and a bunch of garbage came flying out of the bed of the uncovered dump truck. Thankfully, like Rain Man, I'm a good driver because I turned the wheel slightly and avoided hitting what looked like a steel tank that must have been on the space shuttle.

The driver, in the lane beside me, well back away from harm mind you, laid on his horn as he passed. Certainly I had made a slight unforseen maneuver but was in no way in danger of slowing his steady progress.

He gave me the finger.

Man, I wanted to beat that mother&*%$er up.

All at once he saw the debris flying clear of the truck in front of us, and suddenly his finger turned into a bit of an apologetic wave.

Certainly I could forgive him, right?

Nah, I still wanted to beat that mother&*%$er up. I had rapped my noggin' earlier in the day.

By the time 6 PM rolled around, I had a big steak in front of me. The wife and kids knew that the day had been rough.

I did my job reports during the Yankee game as I finally, some 15 hours after the shower, began to relax.

That sucked! I told Melky as I got ready for bed.

The good news being...I successfully finished my shower today...no problems!

I'm beginning the day with a smile!

The world is my oyster!

Book Signing today!

Yanks won! Red Sux lost!

I bought gas yesterday!

Everything is coming up roses.

Have a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie