West Falls Public Library




I wasn't even sure that I could find the West Falls Library and to be certain, I wasn't at all sure how a book signing might go there. As it turned out, it was a day to remember because of Gloria, Reita, Joanie and some true, blue Jeff fans.

First off, I was shocked to see that people were waiting for me to arrive. As a matter of fact, that always surprises me and I hope it always does.

Secondly, I was born in a small town and it does my heart good to visit small town life now and again. Yet what really thrilled me to no end is that the West Falls Library is a completely volunteer library that is kept open only through the hard work of the dedicated staff.

As I signed books, I met a few people who love books, reading, and writing as well. One by one, I spoke with people from town, and the working staff. In between, there were plants being planted, and services being provided.

It saddens me that in towns all over this great land libraries are closing because funds have to go to other things...like more extravagance for billion dollar sports team owners and their million dollar employees.

It also saddens me that kids don't know what it feels like to have to visit the library to do research or just look for a good book.

Check out the one photo. Oh Brother! The Life and Times of Jeff Fazzolari was on the shelf. Right under the Keith Richards book that I loved so much.

During breaks in the action I looked around the library. It's so clean, so well-kept, so organized.

By a group of wonderful volunteers who love to read.

It's heartwarming, isn't it?

I hope you think so because when places where community exists close for good, we are all going to be in real trouble.

You can't get true human companionship on your I-phone.

Comments

John said…
Was that GW's book on the shelf above too? Ironic!
Cliff Fazzolari said…
yeah...haven't read that one yet. would have to do it with a vomit bucket nearby.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie