Apes On the Loose


We petitioned a golfer that was lurking in the parking lot to take a photo of us after our round. The guy made a joke about wondering where the wide lens button was.

I couldn't have possibly cared less.

On hole one, I hit the ball straight down the center. I'd been concerned about the first swing. It had been so long since I played.

And the sun was on my face, and my buddies were relaxed and enjoying the day as well. As each hole ended, I just looked forward to the next one. I didn't care a lick about a missed shot or the fact that it took me two hits to get out of a sand strap on a ridiculously easy par 3.

I hit the ball well. I had a big fat fried bolgona sandwich at the turn and hit it even better on the back 9. The knee is still swollen, but its like that after work too, and today was so much better than work.

By the end of the round I was already thinking about the next chance I'd have to get out there again.

It seems as though I spend so much time wishing I were somewhere else or getting other things done.

Today was exactly where I wanted to be...and I enjoyed every second.

"We should have made our putts on that one," my buddy Jeff said after hole 14.

"There could be someone standing there hitting me with a hot poker at the end of every hole and I'd still be enjoying this," I said.

"It would get tiresome around hole 18 though," Jeff said.

I suppose.

Then again it didn't even bother me that the joker in the lot needed to find the wide angle button.

The Grape Apes were back out there where they belonged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie