If God Made You...

...then He must love me.

It's easy to try and place blame when things don't go right. Why would God do this to me? Why doesn't God help me through?

There can't be a God!

Well, Mother's Day for me is a reason to argue that faulty thinking.

I think of my sisters...two women who've always had my back. Two wonderful mothers to be sure. Carrie, of course, is doing a helluva' job raising beautiful Paige and always entertaining Tony. She's doing it on her own, pretty much, and still she finds time to be a great friend, sister, and daughter.

If God made her, then He must love me.

Then there's Corinne and at first blush, she is not considered a mother in the traditional sense because Chuck is her only real child. (Sorry Chuckie). Yet, she may be the most motherly of all. She has taken great care of brothers, her little sister, her own mother, and a couple of dogs right now. I'm also convinced she breast-fed Lonesome when he was kicking around. Corinne makes me proud at every turn in how she helps me and how she runs the breast cancer race among a million other wonderful projects. I wish she didn't convince me to run in that race though. Still...

If God made her, then He must love me.

I think of my sister-in-law Dana. I marvel at the terrific job she's done through the years and how my beautful nieces have grown-up happy and healthy and secure. I am also quite amazed at the relationship she's nurtured and shared with John, for so many years. It couldn't have been easy! Remember, I shared a room with him for a lot of years. God Bless, you Dana!

If God made you, then He must love me.

My sister-in-law Lynn hasn't had a very easy time of it at all. Hopefully her days are spent with God's light shining directly on her face because she's going to need a lot of strength, and not just because she's on her own, but because Rocco is already setting a torrid pace, and because Johnny and Farrah and the Rock are going to need days filled with love and strength. So far, real great!

If God made her, then He must love me.

And my Dear Mom. I was looking at her during Easter dinner. She was clowning around with one of my boys and her laughter was not forced even a little. Her face was red with happiness, and it struck me that she is clearly the strongest person that I've ever had the pleasure to meet. I've never met a harder worker, a more loving soul or a more dedicated human being. I'm supposed to feel that way because she's my mommy, but, man....

If God made her, then He must love me.

Then my wife. Mother's Day thrills me for her because my beautiful wife couldn't possibly love her own children any more. It's funny but when the boys were born I saw the glow of happiness in her eyes, and that glow is actually a blinding light now. She defends those little hoodlums to the point of total dedication. A wonderful mother. A great wife, and its painfully clear that...

If God made her, then He must love me.

Happy Mother's Day!

Comments

Corleone said…
Thanks Cliffy..

Yeah Mom, Dana, Lynn & Kathy, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie