Am I As Hot As I Used to Be?

Maybe its the Royal borefest that got us talking about it.

And what the hell happened to Prince William? He's as bald as me. Wasn't he the guy women everywhere drooled over? He looks like his old man already.

Maybe it was an episode of Rules of Engagement that did the trick. An old photo surfaces in the marriage of the veteran couple and Puddy wants to know if he's still as hot as he used to be.

So, I asked my wife.

"Do I still look as good as when you first married me?"

"No," she said. "Not even close."

Now I was never Prince William in his prime anyway, but she could have hesitated a little.

"What about me?" my beautiful wife asked. "As I am as beautiful now as on the day we married?"

She laughed. Of course, it's an inside joke as she was extremely pregnant when we exchanged vows. So much so in fact that we discarded most of the wedding photos...her call.

"It's a toss-up," I said.

So, there you have it. Just an old married couple trying to make each other feel better.

The show was drawing to its conclusion when my beautiful wife said, "Of course you're hotter now than you were back then."

And it's funny I suppose, but she's a lot hotter now than when she appeared at our wedding, and not just because she lost the baby weight.

Life just changes the definition of hotter, I suppose.

(Wow, that line will probably not win me a popularity contest).

Yet youth, of course, is wasted on the young. Physical beauty, of course fades. Right after Rules we watched an episode of Cougar Town and I commented that Courtney Cox was looking a little rough.

"That hurts coming from you," my wife replied.

So, that's how the discussion faded to an end. There weren't any hurt feelings. Time comes for us all, and like a glacier it wipes away all that was there and leaves us as old, paunchy, grey versions of ourselves.

That's life.

We just need to harness the hotness and play it off in other areas, right?

Ah, who am I kidding...it sucks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie