Our So Called Life

Tomorrow is the anniversary of when my brother Jeff stood in front of the people who gathered together to share our wedding and said that the number one thing that Cliff said on his wedding day was actually first said by Ex-Washington DC Mayor Marion Berry:

"The bitch set me up...the G.D. bitch set me up."

I had 7 best men for that event. I should have had 12.

Anyway, my beautiful wife and I go on 5-year deals in our marriage. We are currently entering the walk year on this deal and we have not yet discussed the re-up. Of course, I'm like Jeter on this new deal. He had to re-sign with the Yankees. Where else would he play?

It was all only a matter of if the Yankees still wanted him.

I have a feeling we'll get the deal done.

Because it's been an incredible happy and profoundly sad ride and we are still on the boat, riding out the storms.

And seriously, who the hell else would have me?

Over the weekend we have been watching the old television show "My So Called Life" with Claire Danes. Believe it or not, I used to watch the show in the 90's and I thought it was something my beautiful wife might like.

She loves it.

I still like watching it to, for the same reason I watched it then...I sort of want Claire Danes.

Anyway, here we sit all these years later. Is it what I envisioned marriage to be?

Yeah, it is. The real world. There's no flags unfurled.

Just me, you and the faith, hope and love we're bringing into the real world.

I listened to that Bruce song on the way to the reception.

It certainly still applies.

All these years later and we've compiled our so called life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty