Springsteen and Dino

I had a dream last night that there is a lost CD out there of duets from Springsteen and Dean Martin.

I find that to be an extremely interesting coupling because they are certainly favorites in the Fazzolari family. My Dad would have certainly been quick to point out who had the better voice while we would have been talking about songwriting and marathon concerts.

But sadly, the Boss and Dean have never performed together.

Yet speaking of music I am really tired of the sounds coming out of my kid's I-pods. Just awful stuff sung by young men who can't even spell the one name they have...and my kids compare it to Bruce.

But there was severe panic around my i-pod a couple of days ago. I sat before my locked computer screen with music that wouldn't play.

I was finally able to get the following message:

RESTORE ORIGINAL FACTORY SETTINGS.

In small print underneath there was a note that said that doing so would result in a loss of all data.

Now I'm no genius but to me it appeared that I had a single option that would result in my losing 2000 of the best songs (including 600 songs from Bruce & Dean).

"It's broke," I said.

"You want me to look at it?" My beautiful wife asked.

"What can you possibly do that I'm not doing?" I replied.

My wife waited me out. I finally threw my hands in the air and got out of my seat.

Two quick moves later a Stones song filled the air.

My wife looked over.

"Thank God I fixed it," I said.

Kathy laughed. "Tell me I'm brilliant," she said.

But I wouldn't admit it.

But I'll admit it now. My brilliant wife saved my I-pod.

Now if she can just figure out how to erase my kids data and find that Springsteen-Martin CD...

...I'll be all set.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie