Who's Going to Win?


As you can probably see the above coffee mugs are in pretty bad shape. They are the coffee mugs that belong to my beautiful wife and myself.

My mug is the big blue one on the right. It used to be a Yankee mug, but there are no real marks left on it. I got the mug in 1991.

The smaller mug on the left belongs to my wife. It used to have a hard shell that had the date of 1995 on it. It was a work mug that she has drank thousands of cups of coffee out of over the last 15 + years.

What made me wonder about this?

You see, the other day, I emptied the dishwasher and saw that the shell on her mug had finally given way. I had noticed the crack in it back around 2003.

I had a surge of happiness as I believed that I had won the battle. No shell. Her mug was going to go to the garbage.

I would win!

And as you know, in any good marriage, its all about winning the shit that has no bearing on anything.

I have the last traffic ticket between us, and she rubs it in my face. I am actually rooting for her to get stopped before me so I can get the power back there.

As you will also notice, my mug is on its last leg. The hole in the bottom is dangerously close to rendering the mug useless.

So, when I saw her mug back in its spot in the cupboard, I cringed.

"You didn't throw it out?" I asked.

"Nope!" she said.

She didn't lead on that it is a real contest, but she knows...she knows!

I don't wish ill on anyone's coffee mug, but man it sure would be sweet if the inner shell on hers popped a pinhole leak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie