Spinning Into Infinity

Man, who's disappointed that the world didn't go up in a blaze of glory on Saturday? I know that the Grape Apes got out and golfed without me this weekend so I know they were happy that it didn't end.

And I had pasta yesterday and the Yanks beat the hapless Mets, so I did okay.

But, I'm getting ready for the work week, and as you slip on the clothes and think of the next ten or twelve hours there's a sneaky little thought in the back of your mind...it might have been to my advantage, right?

Last week as I drove I listened to an author...Vincent something or other...he was the lawyer who prosecuted Manson. Anyway, he wrote a book that disputes the existence of God, calling himself an agnostic who does not lean one way or another, instead saying that its too much of a mystery to even argue.

And yet he wrote a book about it arguing it his way.

Which brings me to the heart of the matter.

The idiot and his followers who proclaimed to have inside knowledge now look pretty damn stupid because it didn't go down like they thought. They flaunted their vast knowledge of the Bible and it bit them in the ass.

Every single person you meet today has their own theory on how and what and why we are here. If you're lucky, no one will spout it to you. If they do, best advice, walk away.

The author had no answer for how the universe came to be. Jay Thomas asked the guy the question I wanted asked.

"What put the world in motion?"

"An energy source," Vincent said.

Good old Jay shouted the next question: "What started the energy!"

"I don't know," the guy said.

Exactly.

"I don't know."

So, we aren't spinning off into infinity today because a bunch of kooks said we might be. Guess what? We're no closer to understanding than the nearly-erect men who were scratching their blogs on the cave walls.

But up and off to work we go.

Not sure if I'm relieved or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty