It's About the Readers, Stupid!



I'm having fun at the recent string of book signings for Oh Brother!

It's come full circle for me as a writer because when I was young I thought I'd eventually rule the world.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

There were a whole bunch of questions. Some about how long it takes to write something. Some about how much of an honor it was to share air with Jeff. (It was an unbelievable honor).

Yet what was really interesting to me about the last two signings were the people!

One of the readers, pictured above, had gathered notes from the book to form questions for the meeting. Teri showed me 10 pages of notes and it really did blow my mind! As I spoke with her, I felt the pain in her life as she shared mine.

Back what seems to be a hundred years ago I got into the bookwriting business in an effort to just reach a few people with words I put together, one after another. Other writers had done it for me. I have always loved reading.

To be a link in the chain of people who've published books is a mindblowing concept when you meet readers who really loved the connection as much as you loved putting it together.

So, thank you Teri. Thank you Sandy and Diane and Karl, and my big sister Corinne. Thanks to all who show up.

It truly is a pleasure.

One that I appreciate more and more as I get older.

Oh Brother! is about love, faith, celebrating every single day, grief, togetherness and more love.

I felt every single one of those emotions today.

And I scored another plate of baked goods!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie