Under the Influence

So the hospital experience went pretty well. A little concerned that those gowns have to be worn, always feel like I'm about to show my big ass to some poor, unsuspecting nurse.

I don't think they were traumatized in any way.

The entire process is a little weird though and again, nothing but admiration for those who are able to help others like that. That's not an easy job. The ones who can do it with a sense of humor and a pleasant attitude are truly appreciated as well.

I listened to the anesthesiologist as he explained how he was going to put me under. He told me about perhaps having to control things with a tube down my throat, if things went haywire and then told me it wouldn't be a whole lot of concern because I'd be out anyway.

"Yeah, you can do whatever you want to me when I'm under," I said.

And that statement struck me as odd. They truly could do some goofy things. I wonder if they have a sense of humor.

One of my buddies passed out in college. We propped him up in a chair with a sign around his neck that said, "Hi, I'm Luke, welcome to the party."

That was a good one.

Of course, my brother Jeff was involved in one of those types of pranks as he and Jim played tic-tac-toe on our friend Fig's forehead when he had a couple too many.

I'm sorry but if I were around a bunch of people who are out, I would be tempted.

A little Hitler moustache, perhaps?

Paint the toenails?

Draw a diving board at the edge of the belly button?

All good stuff.

I did a bit of an inventory and the crew that had me at their mercy when I was out didn't bother to have any fun.

By the way, I checked the television schedule...Judge Judy is brand new tonight!

It's all good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie