Bappy Hirthday

So, my wife is 26 today.

I didn't miss-spell the name of the blog. That's how Sam wishes his family and friends Happy Birthday. Kind of original.

The problem that my wife has today is that the NCAA Basketball Tourney is starting today. Since we are all engrossed in the games she is being cheated out of a little attention. To top it off it's also St. Patrick's Day, right...although that doesn't mean corned beef and cabbage around here.

Yet despite the fact that the games are on we are all certainly appreciative of the efforts of my beautiful wife.

In fact, she made her own dinner today.

But I think of the first time that I gave up some of the basketball tourney games and went to have a birthday drink with my wife.

I didn't want to go, but she did.

So I went.

That was 17 years ago.

Which that means, by the fact that she is 26 today, that she was only 9 years old.

We had a lot of drinks that night.

What the hell was she doing drinking so much at that age?

Hey, wait a minute!

Perhaps she really isn't 26 today. Excuse me. I'm going to have to check into this.

Bappy Hirthday, wifey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie