Tsunami of Ignorance

Man I read through the NFL labor problems last night and I find that I am going to have a real hard time garnering up any sympathy for the downtrodden millionaires who've had to really tighten their belts by holding off on any new car purchases and re-do's on their mansions.

I'm serious. One of the player reps was talking about informing the players that expensive jewelery purchases should be really considered at this time of true economic strife.

I like football. Like everyone else I spend Sundays watching the games and betting on their outcomes.

I honestly couldn't possibly care if they come back at all. There is 9 billion dollars there. Figure it the hell out. Or take some of it and donate it to the poor victims of everything all around the world. Haiti, Japan, hell, freaking New Orleans, or the poor oppressed cities like Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cleveland. Donate some of your bling to the poor bastards who really toil.

The same goes for Charlie Sheen. Who the hell isn't sick of that dumb son-of-a-bitch? Now he's suing for 100 million dollars because he's been wronged? Why don't we pass a cup for him? After all, he was fired.

And you know what? There would be people who would donate to him.

Maybe he is duh, winning.

And yesterday I had to break some bad news to an environmentally friendly, intelligent friend of mine who also happens to love the Sabres. She, like all other Buffalo people lauded the new owner and how he came into town on a white horse to save the oppressed franchise.

When my friend heard that the owner made his money through the process of fracking and had a poor safety record with his billion dollar company, she asked the question of how...How can she possibly root for them?

I laughed.

The people who love sports couldn't possibly care about such a heady issue. If Hitler bought the Sabres they would applaud him as long as he made deadline deals.

Say a prayer for the poor people of Japan.

I feel real bad for them.

After all they gave us Hideki Matsui, and he single-handedly whipped the Phillies in the '09 series.

And that's what's really important.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Behind all great wealth there is a great crime.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie