Bring on the Knife!

So, I finally have the knee surgery scheduled. They tell me it won't be all that bad. A 'procedure' they call it. No big deal. It's set for Tuesday. I will be shooting hoops on Wednesday.

I'm all for it. I've had enough thinking about it and cringing every single time I life my leg. Over the past few days it's seem to have gotten worse as well, and I have golf to play as soon as our 11-month winter is over.

What I really don't know is how long to figure that I should rest afterwards. I need to do something every day. I really don't want to be on the couch watching Bewitched in the middle of the day next week.

I'm sure that I'll bounce back quickly. After all I am in supreme condition, years of working out and eating right, paying off big time. I'm certain that a lesser man would need longer time to recover, but I may just jump off the table, shake the docs hand and run the hell out of there.

That's what I'm visualizing anyway.

Actually, I have learned not to visualize a medical operation. I really don't want to think about it, but having watched a few minutes of one when I was writing about the hospital, it is weird how it all goes down.

It isn't a laboratory like the room where they made Frankenstein. It is really rather cool, right. And nowadays there are just two little dots where the scope was set.

So, let's go. Let's get it done!

You better run Grape Apes.

The golf game will be even better this year!

Comments

deafjeff said…
The day you scare me in any athletic endeavor will be the day I quit. Are they going to fix your bow leggedness too? Are they fixing your eyes so you can putt? You'll be the same POS but without the nonstop whining about your knee. I'm sure an elbow will pop up somewhere this summer.
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Wah! I hit the ball too far...I cant find it. Old man golf whips your ass every time.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty