Eight Times?

So, Elizabeth Taylor was married a total of eight times. Twice to the same guy, but it still counts as eight, right?

Begs a lot of questions:

When do you stop giving expensive gifts at her weddings?

Did she wear white each time?

Did the preacher laugh out loud when he read through the vows?

Was the groom looking for the exit door while standing in front of the officiator?

I don't know about you, but I would most likely quit something if I failed at it seven times. As a matter of fact, I don't think I'd be breaking back into Shawshank, as Chris Rock said, if it failed to work out on this my maiden trip into holy matrimony.

Yet who are we to judge?

Larry King can surely sympathize.

I don't know what the shortest and longest of her marriages was. I just know that it must have certainly involved a lot of angst, tremendous bouts of passion, and a lot of moving things out of one home to another.

One of my main reasons for never wanting a divorce is that I never want to move again. What a freaking hassle that is.

I grew up in a town where people stayed married, through thick and thin, love and hatred, better and a lot of worse.

Did Taylor ever actually believe that any of them would work out?

Probably not. In fact, I'm certain that in her final days she probably couldn't even remember the names of all eight. I only have three kids and I call them by the names of their brothers all the time.

8 marriages.

Unbelievable.


Forget the acting. She should be honored just for walking down the aisle that many times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie