A Day Off


Things have been hectic lately at work. A lot of standing in front of people doing presentations. Sleeping in the usual fitful state as if I am fighting someone in that damn bed.

So, I decided to take a mental health day. The break in the training schedule told me that this would be a good day to rest up a little, go to the hot tub at the YMCA...a nice long steam...massage if I could get it...finish up stray paperwork on the book and "work" work.

I was looking forward to it.

Problem was, as you can see from the photo above, my schedule was thrown askew by one simple factor.

Kathy was off too.

That is what a husband looks like when his wife asks him to take her photo for something or other that she was applying for...I didn't even ask.

"Take my picture," she said as I was packing my gym clothes.

Photo one...her hair was too messy.

Photo two...not a good smile.

Photo three...I cut off the top of her head (a lightbulb went off when she said that).

Photo four...too much light.

That is when I posed for the photo that she snapped that you see above.

Photo five...that'll work.

Finally, I was free to continue with my day.

Best part of it all?

She never used the photo.

They took a picture of her when she got there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie