Stuck in a Tube

Started my day in the MRI tube as I got closer to the long-awaited repair of my knee. In and of itself that aggravates me.

If my knee had been hurt in a car accident or at work, they would have given the okay for the MRI in 5 minutes. Since I did it in some other way I had to go to the doctors five times before they'd get the MRI done.

Ah well, I decided on Norah Jones to accompany me into the tube. What other kid of music can you pick? Rap? Heavy Metal? Even the Beatles felt like too much.

"Really?" the woman asked when I told her I'd rather listen to Norah Jones.

"It's seven o'clock in the morning," I said. "Not exactly time for Van Halen."

So, into the tube I went. And as much as I didn't want to do it, I traveled back two years in time.

I absolutely hate even the mention of March 4th. It should be removed from every calendar.

Next week I am making a couple of speeches in promotion of the book Oh Brother! One is to a group of professional women in construction. Not sure what I will say there.

The other is to a group of honor students at North Collins High School. That speech has been swimming around in my head.

"Life isn't as hard as it's gonna' be."

Is what I want to call it.

This whole week has been a jumbled mess of aggravation. I know a whole bunch of people stuck in the same bag. People who've lost a loved one know one thing: it doesn't get any better...and that sucks.

Every book that I've signed has contained Jeff's message.

Celebrate your life!

Even Norah Jones couldn't help me celebrate today.

And tomorrow might be worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie