Thinking of You

When I started writing I had one goal - to write something that maybe meant something to someone other than myself. This is a lame attempt at that.

This weekend I heard of a friend of a friend, and a reader of mine, who suffered a tragic, life-changing loss. I can't even begin to explain the hurt that comes along with such an event and I suppose that for the first time ever, I'm speaking to just one particular reader - not sure if you are of the mind to even read such a condolence, but here goes...

There are a lot of people thinking of you and hurting for you. There are plenty of people praying for you, and grieving your loss with you. In the difficult hours, days, weeks and months ahead, there are people who will help see you through.

I was speaking with a person who is close to you, and there were so many questions and not even one good answer - other than that there is still hope, and faith, and love in your life.

"What do I say at a time like this?" that person asked me.

"Just let her know that you're thinking of her," I answered. "And praying for her."

Sometimes the right words don't come at the right time, and sometimes words just aren't enough - but in such a time of loss the best a friend can be is simply a friend.

We're thinking of you and praying for you and the children. Please believe that there is still love, faith and hope in your life and it will take you plenty of time, but your friends will be there when you're ready to smile again.

Comments

Andrea Renee said…
I've been meaning to thank you for a long time for this post. It really meant a lot to me, and still does.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie