America Has Spoken

I woke up this morning to those words. The election seemed to me a little like a baseball playoff game - it dragged on so long.

The second thing I saw? Jesse Jackson crying - not sure I needed that. Yet it is a story - a black man elected President - it does show the depth of America - racism is not over, but on that point we scored.

Yet the vote yells of a landslide victory - to be honest there were millions against the president-elect. Red states, blue states - it doesn't matter, because now, we need to see how it will work.

There were critics of President-Elect Obama who decried his lack of experience. Here comes the experience! Halfway through with everything seemingly tanking, I wondered why anyone would want the job.

Hope and change? Who knows? Better feelings about America throughout the world? Most likely - we can't go much further backwards.

Yet America has spoken not for a candidate, but for some sort of change. No matter who won -that was the rallying cry. A lot of the people who voted for W changed their thought process this time around - and it doesn't mean anything except that Obama has to do the job.

I remember running for office back in high school - I beat out the incumbent - a poor girl who held the office for 11 years. I took the position for the all-important 12th year - and did absolutely nothing! The girl had the presence of mind to swallow the defeat and still do the jobs of the office.

I hope Obama has more sense then I did.

It will take a long time to dig out. Hopefully, we do it together and don't start snipping over what a crap job everyone is doing. I honestly don't know if that can happen.

Yet the beauty of the leadership of this country is in the system that our forefathers developed. America has a voice and whether your voice is for or against, you are privileged enough to speak it - that's the real news worth crying for!

Even if you didn't agree with the voice this time around, you must admit that there has been a loud out crying of a need for change. Hopefully Obama is up for the job - if not - we'll voice our concerns again. A beautiful system - one we are fortunate to have.

Oprah is now on the news - if this election was about hope - it is my one hope that this isn't black or white or Democrat or Republican.

We can only hope and pray that America is once again considered the promised land.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie