Catching Up on the News

--- Five homeless people shot dead in their makeshift beds in Long Beach, California. It truly makes me want to vomit. People are not dispensable. Every creation has a purpose. As the text message goes - WTF?

--- The Bills have lost two in a row and 3 of 4 and now they are going to New England. I predicted them to lose and they did. I predicted them to win and they lost. I confused myself on what was bringing them luck. They are going to tie New England next week. 20-20 after overtime expires.

--- Its a shame that Obama's grandmother died two days before election. Win or lose, it would have been nice if she had the chance to see it through. Person to person, that's a heavy heart on a big night.

--- How about the kid who got shot on Halloween night with an AK-47. I don't begrudge anyone their right to own a gun to hunt and shoot cans - shooting trick-or-treaters is a moral dilemma for me, though. Having an AK-47 ready at the door is also a problem in judgement.

--- I see that Joaquin Phoenix made headlines by saying that he's not making any more movies. That does it for me too - I'm announcing my retirement from moving pictures too. You think the AP will pick up on that?

--- More gossip on the A-Rod-Madonna romance - they took helicopters to vacation at the Seinfeld's. Word is that her deep religious beliefs are making A-Rod a more well-rounded person. Hopefully there's something in that religion that teaches him to hit a fly ball with runners on first and third and just one out. The hard groundball to short in that situation was sickening at the end of the year.

--- How's the Dow Jones? I don't even know as I sit here today - that's a good thing, huh?

--- Have fun voting tomorrow. I'm going to have to find something new to lament about when all of the campaigning is over.

--- So who'd I vote for?

--- It doesn't matter... there's a village in Texas getting their idiot back.

Comments

Rosie said…
to your first point, it reminds me of the saying "it could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others"

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie