GoBama!

I walked around a jobsite today with a black man who wanted to let his voice be heard - everywhere he went, and by everyone he saw - he said - GoBama!

"You should keep your political views to yourself," I said. "People don't want you stuffing your opinions down their throat."

"That hurts coming from you," he said.

Yet he asked me a few times who I was voting for - I offered only that I wasn't a big GW fan.

Yet it also occurred to me that this election - like no other - has become almost like a sporting event - I imagine that the returns tomorrow night will be viewed by millions. It's no different than any other big contest - and man, did we have some excitement in this race, huh?

From Palin-to-Biden-To-SNL-to the preacher-to-Hilliary-and on and on.

Yet there is so much at stake. My buddy stopped to visit a union pipe fitter. "GoBama!" he said.

"What the hell do you know?" the pipe fitter asked.
"GoBama!" my buddy answered.
"Sounds like a well-thought out argument," the pipe fitter said.
"Who you voting for?" my buddy asked.
"I was voting for Obama," the pipe fitter said, "But if that's who you're going for, I might have to re-think my vote."

We walked away - "You see," I said. "That's why you should keep your preferences to yourself."

"GoBama," he answered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie