What Could Go Wrong?

New York State is on the verge of making marijuana legal for adult and recreational use.

The long prison sentences for possession of an ounce of pot will be left at the wayside.

Medical marijuana will be utilized for pain.

What could possibly go wrong?

I’m not one on smoking anything. I’ve never had a full cigarette, but in full disclosure, I did smoke pot one night in college when we ran out of beer.

I don’t think I ever laughed as hard as I did that night, but I was lethargic the next day and I hated that feeling. 

Didn’t go back to it, until about 33 years later when a family member handed me a brownie at a graduation party.

I ate it. She laughed. A half an hour later she was gone and I was on the couch, as paranoid as Richard Nixon. 

Dizzy too. 

I had to go to bed - worst feeling in the world as ten minutes passed like two weeks.

So, I probably won’t get a lot of use out of the new law, and I’m not necessarily against it, but I recall a Colorado Sheriff speaking at a safety event.

He spoke about how construction guys are pounding edibles that look like Peppermint Patties and then are climbing ladders. 

He also spoke about how traffic stops are adventures in guys and gals driving 30 mph below the speed limit.

It’ll be interesting.

Of course, it’ll be a huge revenue boost for the state - hundreds of millions of dollars.

Why not, right?

I do think that alcohol is a bigger problem in our society and that’s been legal forever. It’s just crazy how it’s all gone down.

About 50 years ago, Keith Richards and Paul McCartney were arrested for possession.

Society had a lot to say then about dopeheads, stoners, & hippies.

There are still politicians who swear that legalizing pot will be the downfall of society.

Probably not.

One thing is for certain:

A whole lot of money will be made.

The sales of Doritos will go way up, and just what we need, more lethargic people.

Keith Richards has to be laughing about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie