Meghan & Harry

I didn’t watch the interview with Oprah.

I think the whole King-Queen, Royal family stuff is kind of silly.  

I’m not a guy who cares all that much for ceremony or getting dressed in costumes to look down my nose at other people because I believe my bloodlines are special.

I definitely never liked Princess Di’s former husband. In fact, they all treated her like trash and she wound up paying with her life.

Leaving her two boys.

Now, you’d think that those boys would have the run of the castle, right?

Well, they did have a nice run. 

Kate Middleton was welcomed with open arms, but when Harry brought Meghan home...

...uh-oh!

I wonder what the problem was with Meghan? She seems like a decent enough woman. Harry loves her.

Shouldn’t a family be accommodating?

The Royal family might be racist???

No freaking way!

I mean, they strike me as such flexible people!

My God...

...they wondered aloud about the shade of the baby’s skin?

Sad, sad world.

I listened to Obama and Springsteen talk about race and Bruce told a story about Clarence getting into a tussle in a bar after a show. It didn’t amount to much more than pushing and shoving, but one of the white men, who had earlier cheered for Clarence as he played the sax, screamed the n-word.

Clarence asked Bruce why that word serves as a default word for a white man.

Bruce said:

“I don’t know. I could tell you that he’s an asshole, but it’s more than that. Some white men are taught, somehow, that they’re better than black men, and they know they can cause pain with that word.”

After hearing that, I sent a text to my boys, telling them that story and saying, “I hope I never taught you that you’re better than any man based on their skin color or origin. I certainly didn’t mean to. Treat all men as individuals.”

Then I hear the Harry-Meghan story.

“What shade?”

It’s embarrassing, in this day and age, that it’s still a weapon being used by dumb ass people.

Embarrassing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie