Busy Day

“Sam has taken over the living room.”

That was the text I received as I finished up teaching a class. 

That statement was good news for me...

...not so good for Kathy.

I walked in and laughed.

There were three televisions set up. A basketball game on each.

There were 4 twenty-somethings on the couch, and beer cans were spread around.

I saw a flash of fear in my boy’s eyes, but they knew better. 

I dug in my wallet and threw money on the floor.

“Order dinner. Have it delivered.”

They all laughed.

Half an hour later, I was seated beside them.

They’re idiots.

I certainly remember my 20’s.

We didn’t move a whole lot and even though I went up just after the tip for the last game at 10:30 or so...

...I heard the cheers as Villanova won.

Kathy showed up somewhere along the way, and brought a huge groan when she took one of the televisions with her to her room.

“Down to 2 t.v.’s,” Sam moaned.

“You poor bastard,” I said.

Then I asked for the plan for Saturday.

“I’m going to be running this back,” Sam said. “Sunday too.”

What a weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie